- Created on Monday, 30 April 2012 20:35
- Hits: 2182
If you answered yes, to any of these questions, you are probably suffering from the effects of stress. Too much stress can certainly affect your physical, mental, emotional and spiritual wellbeing.
It is a fact that the modern-day 21st world we live in, hasn’t slowed things down, but actually the opposite. Things have increased in pace, leaving us to survive in a rapid, and ever-changing world.
Here are 7 tips that you can use to reduce stress and start feeling better. Incorporating these healing ideas into your life will enable you to cope better with the stresses of modern day life.
1. Take a deep breath. Your body reacts physically to stress. One of the first things to happen, when you begin to feel stressed, is that your breathing changes. Excessive stress makes your breathing shallow. When you take a deep breath, you breathe in more oxygen, bringing relaxation and promoting wellbeing.
2. Say this affirmation: “Everything is going to be okay.” Often, when life is stressful, it is easy to start to worry about the future. Worry moves you me out of the present moment. This affirmation brings you back to the present moment and has the power to remind you that no matter what happens, you will cope with it.
3. Say ‘no’ to television and newspapers. Watching television and reading newspapers unconsciously stresses your mind. Replace mainstream media with inspirational books and positive news. When you fuel your mind with mind, with high quality information you will be able to deal more effectively with stress.
4. Eat vegetable soup. Easy to digest and high in nutrients, a big bowl of homemade vegetable soup can bring nourishment, not only to your body, but also your soul, making it the perfect 21st century stress-buster.
5. Eat superfoods. Supplement your diet with superfoods such as, E3 Live, Warrior Sunfood protein powder and Comvita. These superfoods are nutrient dense and have the ability to boost your immune system. They will support your body so that you can easily handle stressful situations in life.
6. Book a yoga retreat. Feeling stressed is a gentle reminder that you need to have some time out. Think of stress as ‘life calling you to take a break’. Booking yourself on a yoga retreat is a lovely gift to give yourself. Being on a yoga retreat gives you the space to decompress, relax and chill out. On a yoga retreat, you will find the space to enjoy some ‘me time’.
7. Remember, that life is a journey! The ‘ups’ and ‘downs’ are part of the journey of life. It is the twists and turns that make life super juicy and exciting. Without the down moments, you couldn’t experience the blissful ones.
You can reduce stress naturally.
Nourishing yourself is the perfect anti-dote to excessive stress. If you are feeling stressed remember that ‘The night is always darkest just before the dawn breaks.’
Too much stress in your life is a reminder to honor your own needs and take some time out.
Use these 7 tips to help you reduce stress naturally in your life so that you can experience feeling great from the inside out.
Need a holiday - To find out more about my upcoming Yoga Retreat in Italy on May 24-30th click here