- Created on Wednesday, 05 September 2012 21:33
- Hits: 1929
I know what it is like to suffer from a chronic addiction. I battled with food and sugar cravings for most of my teens. When I finally broke through my addiction, I was able to radically change my life and lost over 60 pounds in the process.
However challenging your addictions may appear to you now, rest assured that you can start to transform them with baby steps...
So, what exactly is an addiction?
Wikipedia defines an addiction “as the continued use of a mood altering substance or behavior despite adverse consequences.” Common addictive substances include sugar, caffeine, alcohol, work, nicotine, sex and drugs amongst others.
Next time a craving strikes, try out one of these natural healing techniques instead…
1. Breathe properly: Most adults do not know how to breathe properly. Deep breathing promotes relaxation and is extremely healing for you. You can learn proper breathing techniques in yoga, meditation or even start right now by taking a moment to breathe deeply into your belly. Breathe through your nose and allow your breath to become long and smooth. Deep breathing moves out old stuck energy and is a natural way to gain awareness and heal addictions.
2. Move your body: People today are living more sedentary lifestyles than ever before. If this is you, try starting out with gentle body movements such as yoga, walking or swimming. As you move your body, you will start to release the stuck energy that is at the root of your addiction. Moving your body will also likely inspire you to reconnect with your mind and body, giving you more natural energy and reducing your need for stimulants.
3. Supplement your diet: Most people unknowingly suffer from extreme forms of mineral depletion. Your body and brain need trace minerals and vitamins to keep you feeling balanced and happy. Common deficiencies are Essential fatty acids, Magnesium, Zinc and Vitamins B, C, D and E. Choose your food with an emphasis on nutrition and health. Start healing your body from within and watch your cravings and addictions ease naturally.
4. Express yourself creatively: Many people suffering from addictions are creatively blocked. Use different ways to open up your creative channel so that you can gain access to the creative power that resides within you. Some of my favorite ways to express my creativity are writing, painting, meditation and being in nature. When you connect to your creative flow, you will be able to bring a new level of awareness to any addictive thoughts and habits.
You Can Heal Any Addiction
Using these different energetic healing tools you can move stuck energy and heal your addictions. When I was overweight I used to experience daily food cravings for highly refined foods such as ice-cream, sweets and chocolate. But, since learning how to release stuck energy, my food cravings have also shifted effortlessly with no diets and no deprivation.
Today my body loves eating nourishing fresh foods. I enjoy spending my time doing healthy activities such as yoga, writing and walking.
Let your addiction be the catalyst to allow you to expand beyond who you have been so that you can step fully into who you are in the process of becoming. All you need to do to start is focus on taking these 4 baby steps...